Where is MSO mentioned?¶
PersistentDB setup for MSO 4.4¶
- Install MySQL 5.5 - user: root pwd: enter a suitable password
- Install .NET 4.0 Client Profile
- Install .NET Framework 4.0 Full
- Download and installed MS Visual C++ Redistributable
- Install mysql-connector-net-6.5.4
- Add Arma2Net addon to addon folder (see attached zip file)
- Install MySQL Workbench (if in doubt, just accept all default settings)
- Import MSO db using MySQL Workbench (get MSO[date].sql from mission folder or GIT)
- In MySQL Workbench > Manage Security > Setup a user called arma (set password) and give them dba permissions, ensure user can only connect from localhost.
- Update Server launch shortcut to include -arma2netdev and add @Arma2NET to mod line
- Copy Databases.txt (from Arma2netMysql folder) to ARMA2 folder, open the file, delete the #, change username to arma and change password (last two entries on line)
- Install baretail log monitor
- In baretail open the server rpt and the arma2net log file (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2NET) - will indicate if MySQLPlugIn has been successfully loaded.
- Launch the server shortcut
- Once in game, in baretail open the mysqlplugin log (C:\Program Files\Arma2\logs\[date].log - will indicate if SQL calls have been successful.
You need 7Zip installed on your PC.
0. Pull latest develop code from GIT
1. Update mso_maker\mso_maker.bat, edit the version
2. Update core\init.sqf, edit the version
3. Push changes to GIT
4. Turn off your AV temporarily (avoids issues with build)
5. Run mso_maker\mso_maker.bat
6. Check to ensure there were no errors in the cmd window
7. Open Mission_vx.xx.7z file and check all missions successfully compiled as PBOs
8. Unzip missions to your ARMA2 folder
9. Test a mission on dedicated server and ensure it runs without error.
10. Post the mission archive to here https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/files
11. Update the current MSO release thread on BIF.