Welcome at DevHeaven!¶
- Welcome at DevHeaven!
- Communication for DevHeaven
- Git & SVN - the project file handling (VCS)
- Dev tools
- RedMine - the website system (RM)
What is dev heaven - join our community today!
The DevHeaven Entry page will give you a basic idea what DevHeaven is all about,
as well as what you can find on the site!
Make sure to look at the index of the wiki
to see all the interesting topics available.
Communication for DevHeaven¶
Git & SVN - the project file handling (VCS)¶
- What's a version control system (VCS) and what are its benefits?
- Request your project space at dev heaven
- Git vs SVN comparison
- Setup explained to access a Git/SVN repository
- SCM systems available at Dev Heaven, with setup instructions.
- RSS Feeds Guide
- Code editors
- Diff tools
- Virtual folders and files
- Toolset overview
- Handy Links
- Gist: GitEnabled Pastebin:
Temporary code hosting with markup and indentation to share in IM or forums.
RedMine - the website system (RM)¶
DevHeaven support team¶
- Create projects
- CPU: AMD Opteron 1356, 4x 2.3 Ghz.
- MEM: 8 GB
- HDD: 2x 1TB, RAID-1
- OS: Linux; Debian
Backups¶Our backup schedule:
- Full Backup of Repository, Website and Configuration Data
- Every Saturday
- MySQL Databases-Only
- Twice Every Day
All backups are immediately uploaded off-site to secure against hardware failure.
Our server is also equipped with RAID-1 to protect our data against single-point-of-failure.
Before any maintenance, we backup the affected data aswell.
We are looking into providing our hosted Projects with private backups of their data.
The costs for running the server powering dev-heaven.net, are 99 EUR a month.
We offer our service freely, but if you would like to support us, please feel free to donate.
Language setting for the site¶
The site detects your language setting of your local computer (via the operating system).
You can change it to any desired language in My account.
- RMB SC on an issue in the list to quick change its settings (ALT + LMB SC for Opera users).
- Use CTRL + LMB SC to tick multiple issues. Use RMB SC to change them all at once.
- Activity on repositories seems only to be synced when the "Repository" tab
of the Project has been visited since the commits.
- RM WikiFormatting
- Overall formatting powered by Textile
- Quick Reference of Textile formatting
- The Textile Reference Manual
- Multilevel list with ordered lists
- Style guide
- Use your non standard browser to test anon access.
- Login temporarily with test/test to test non member permissions.
Unable to view "Statistics" under the Repository view¶
Please install SVG