- Welcome to the Community Issue Tracker!
Welcome to the Community Issue Tracker!¶
- This is a free service - please use it in respect to other volunteers free time work.
- Discuss about CIT on Bohemia Interactive Forums dedicated thread.
- Versions older than the latest patch will be rejected.
Since March 31th 2011, version 1.59 for Operation Arrowhead.
Since June 23th 2011, version 1.10 for ArmA2.
Since November 30th 2010, version 1.02 for BAF DLC.
Since December 22th 2010, version 1.01 for PMC DLC.
This is what Bohemia Interactive has to say:
Have you compiled a list of fixed issues or implemented feature requests that have occurred since the community created CIT came into use?
This data would be useful to show new community members how well the CIT works or how receptive, as a studio, are to your community of users.
We have not. However, it is fairly easy for anyone to filter issue in CIT and see how much has been addressed.
How does BIS prioritize bugfixes/features? (What are the design procedures for picking what to fix or what to include)
Internally, we usually have a lot of obvious or critical issues to fix or implement.
Between those, selecting order or priorities mostly depends on available resources and also individual preference or interest.
Reference: Ask Bohemia about A2OA interview.
How to report a crash?¶
a message that the game has crashed (WER)
- WER does not work with betas patches. For these attach the .mdmp and .bidmp files zipped to your ticket.
- Set the Category field to Game Crash and fill the fields:
- Maxmem parameter (if used)
- Operating system
- Graphics card
- Graphics card driver version
- Mainboard chipset
- System RAM size
- GPU VRAM size
- Audio card
- Size of OS swap file
- Upload as much as files described in attachments.
Full Memory Dump¶
Sometimes it can be useful to include a full memory dump, info: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx
You should attach the utility to the game before the game crashes using a command line like:
procdump -e -ma arma2oa.exe crash.dmp
After it crashed you can attach the crash.dmp to the ticket.
How to vote an issue or feature?¶
- Browse the issues, pick one and click if you agree with it, if you disagree.
- Have a look at the Most Community Wanted issues.
How to report a bug?¶
First please use the search feature in the top right to see if you issue or suggestion was already posted.
- Think of a clear and descriptive ticket name first.
- Be short and descriptive, use a bullet point step-by-step reproducibility report in this way (use the template):
- Reprodction steps
- Bullet point/numbered list of what one has to do to let it happen
- Describe briefly the behavior you see
- Expected result/behavior
- Describe briefly the behavior you expect to see instead
- Providing a simple demo mission (explained by the repro steps) improves your chances considerably to have the issue looked at.
- For stability or performance issues upload as much as files described in attachments and fill out all the hardware and settings fields.
- New tickets: as you press "Preview", the upload files list is emptied. Please check before submitting.
- Express opinions or do discussions at the forums and link them in the ticket.
- Priority is set by BI (if at all). It has little meaning in general.
Latest beta patch: OA 1.60 BETA.
- Instructions on how to install can be found here
- Betas for ArmA2 have been discontinued
- Please read the BI article. Downloads and changelog here
- Specify the exact build number in the title  or somewhere in the report, and use version BETA as Affected ArmA II version.
- Beta version are one number ahead: if you read 1.59.79600 in-game, that means 1.60 BETA
the version displays in the main screen, lower right
DOs and Don't DOs¶
Do set Due Date three months later when you open an ticket please.
Do use the [[ticket_template|template]] of Header, Observed, Expected and Repro key points in your new tickets
Do NOT assign issues to any person. This is a moderator job.
Do NOT set priority. Priority has meaning only at BI side.
Do NOT set the target version. Use the Affected ArmA II Version only.
Read the workflow, if you want to understand the process.
Links & Acronyms¶
- Versions and changelogs, ArmA II Object class library, Unlock armory items
- Killing Bugs - Bohemia Interactive, How to Report Bugs Effectively, Old instructions for the A1 BTS
- BI Bohemia Interactive , BIF Bohemia Interactive Forums Beta patch testing, BIKI Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki
- CTD Crash To Desktop, WER Windows Error Reporting, ArmAII: OA Operation Arrowhead
A crash in beta (click to zoom)