- Community Issue Tracker - Welcome!
Community Issue Tracker - Welcome!¶
- This is a free service, please use it in respect to other volunteers free time work
- Versions older than the latest patch will be rejected.
Since Jun 25th 2010, version 1.07 for ArmA2. Since June 29th 2010, version 1.52 for Operation Arrowhead
This is what Bohemia Interactive has to say:
Have you compiled a list of fixed issues or implemented feature requests that have occurred since the community created CIT came into use?
This data would be useful to show new community members how well the CIT works or how receptive, as a studio, are to your community of users.
We have not. However, it is fairly easy for anyone to filter issue in CIT and see how much has been addressed.
CIT has become very important resource for us to gather feedback from our community.
How does BIS prioritize bugfixes/features? (What are the design procedures for picking what to fix or what to include)
Internally, we usually have a lot of obvious or critical issues to fix or implement.
Between those, selecting order or priorities mostly depends on available resources and also individual preference or interest.
The Community Issue Tracker is often looked at, and we use Votes as good indication of how important a particular fix is for our users.
Reference: Ask Bohemia about A2OA interview.
How to report a crash?¶
a message that the game has crashed (WER)
- Send crash error information to BI through Microsoft with WER. Or follow
- WER does not work with betas. Attach .mdmp and .bidmp files zipped to your ticket
- Set the Category field to CrashToDesktop and fill the fields:
- Maxmem parameter (if used), Mainboard chipset, CPU, Operating system
- Graphics card, Graphics card driver version
- Upload as much as files described in
How to vote an issue or feature?¶
- Browse the issues, pick one and click if you agree with it, if you disagree
- Have a look at the Most Community Wanted issues
How to report a bug?¶
- Be short and descriptive, use a bullet point step-by-step reproducibility report in this way:
- Repro steps: what to do for the bug to happen
- Results seen: what is the bug
- Desired results: how should it behave once the bug is fixed
- Express opinions or do discussions at the forums and link them in the ticket.
- Upload as much as files described in .
- Why? Some quotes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Good samples: #3080 #8212 #5353 #5301 #6426
- Due is set by CIT manager
- Priority is set by BI only (if at all)
- Reproduce must be a second person (NOT the issue reporter)
Latest beta patch: OA 1.53 BETA.
- Betas for ArmA2 have been discontinued
- Please read the BI article. Downloads and changelog here
- Specify the exact build number in the title  or somewhere in the report, and use version BETA as Affected ArmA II version.
- Beta version are one number ahead: if you read 1.52.79100 in-game, that means 1.53 BETA
the version displays in the main screen, lower right
What and what not¶
Do set Due Date two weeks later as you open an issue
Do use the template of Description, Repro, Observed and Expected key points in your new tickets
Do NOT assign issues to any person. This is a moderators job
Do NOT set priority. Priority has meaning only at BI side
Do NOT set the target version. Use the Affected ArmA II Version only
Read the [[workflow]], if you are interested in the process
Links & Acronyms¶
- Versions and changelogs, ArmA II Object class library, Unlock armory items
- Killing Bugs - Bohemia Interactive, How to Report Bugs Effectively, Old instructions for the A1 BTS
- BI Bohemia Interactive , BIF Bohemia Interactive Forums Beta patch testing, BIKI Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki
- CTD Crash To Desktop, WER Windows Error Reporting, ArmAII: OA Operation Arrowhead
A crash in beta (click to zoom)