Version 78 (kju, 04/01/2011 17:41)
h1. Welcome to the Community Issue Tracker!
* This is a _free service_ - *please use it in respect to other volunteers free time work*.
* [[Versions]] older than the latest patch will be [[Workflow#Diagram|rejected]].
Since March 31th 2010, version *[[1_59|1.59]]* for *Operation Arrowhead*.
Since March 23th 2010, version *[[1_09|1.09]]* for *ArmA2*.
Since November 30th 2010, version *[[1_02_BAF|1.02]]* for *BAF DLC*.
Since December 22th 2010, version *[[1_01_PMC|1.01]]* for *PMC DLC*.
h2. Why participate?
This is what *Bohemia Interactive* has to say:
> Have you compiled a list of fixed issues or implemented feature requests that have occurred since the community created CIT came into use?
> This data would be useful to show new community members how well the CIT works or how receptive, as a studio, are to your community of users.
> We have not. However, it is fairly easy for anyone to filter issue in CIT and see how much has been addressed.
> +CIT has become very important resource for us to gather feedback from our community.+
> How does BIS prioritize bugfixes/features? (What are the design procedures for picking what to fix or what to include)
> Internally, we usually have a lot of obvious or critical issues to fix or implement.
> Between those, selecting order or priorities mostly depends on available resources and also individual preference or interest.
> +The CIT is often looked at, and we use Votes as good indication of how important a particular fix is for our users.+
Reference: "Ask Bohemia about A2OA":http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ask_Bohemia_about_A2OA_-_Answers interview.
h2. How to report a crash?
_a message that the game has crashed (WER)_
Send crash error information to BI through Microsoft with "WER":http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/maintain/StartWER.mspx. Or follow [[WER|these instructions]].
* WER does *not* work with *betas patches*. For these attach the [[attachments|.mdmp and .bidmp]] files zipped to your ticket.
* Set the *Category* field to _CrashToDesktop_ and fill the fields:
** *Maxmem parameter* (if used)
** *Operating system*
** *Graphics card*
** *Graphics card driver version*
** *Mainboard chipset*
** *System RAM size*
** *GPU VRAM size*
** *Audio card*
** *Size of OS swap file*
* Upload as much as files described in [[attachments]].
h2. How to vote an issue or feature?
* "Browse":/projects/cis/issues the issues, pick one and click !http://dev-heaven.net/plugin_assets/redmine_vote/images/arrow_090.png! if you agree with it, !http://dev-heaven.net/plugin_assets/redmine_vote/images/arrow_270.png! if you disagree.
* Have a look at the "Most Community Wanted":/projects/cis/issues?query_id=30 issues.
h2. How to report a bug?
First please use the search feature in the top right to see if you issue or suggestion was already posted.
* Think of a *clear* and *descriptive* ticket name first.
* Be *short* and *descriptive*, use a !/images/jstoolbar/bt_ol.png! bullet point step-by-step reproducibility report in this way (use the [[Ticket_template|template]]):
# *Repro*_dction steps_
** Bullet point/numbered list of what one has to do to let it happen
** Describe briefly the behavior you see
# *Exp*_ected result/behavior_
** Describe briefly the behavior you expect to see instead
* Providing a *simple demo mission* (explained by the repro steps) *improves your chances considerably* to have the issue looked at.
* *For stability or performance issues* upload as much as files described in [[attachments]] and fill out all the hardware and settings fields.
* New tickets: as you press "Preview", the upload files list is emptied. Please check before submitting.
* Express opinions or do discussions at the "forums (BIF)":http://forums.bistudio.com and link them in the ticket.
*Good examples of reported issues*: #3080 #8212 #5353 #5301 #6426.
Why this format? Read some explanations from BI: "1":/issues/1745#note-45, "2":/issues/6471#note-5, "3":/issues/2551#note-21, "4":/issues/1753#note-9, "5":/issues/2755#note-9, "6":/issues/3399#note-18, "7":/issues/1704#note-10, "8":/issues/1704#change-9386, "9":/issues/1701#note-14.
* *Priority* is set +only+ by BI (if at all). It has little meaning in general.
h3. Beta users
*Latest beta patch*: OA *[[1_60_BETA|1.60 BETA]]*.
* Instructions on how to install can be found [[Beta|here]]
* Betas for ArmA2 have been "discontinued (by Suma)":http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1667411&postcount=41
* Please read the "BI article ("The complexity of Arma 2 has reached a nearly critical level, especially with all of the user addons and modifications, that testing of the game also requires a more agile approach and this is our attempt to address it." - Marek Spanel, 19 August 2009)":http://www.bistudio.com/developers-blog/arma-ii-beta-builds-released_en.html. Downloads and changelog "here":http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
* Specify the exact build number in the title  or somewhere in the report, and use _version BETA_ as _Affected ArmA II version_.
** Beta version are one number ahead: if you read 1.59.79600 in-game, that means *1.60 BETA*
_the version displays in the main screen, lower right_
h3. DOs and Don't DOs
!/images/true.png! Do set _Due Date_ three months later when you open an ticket please.
!/images/true.png! Do use the [[ticket_template|template]] of *Header*, *Observed*, *Expected* and "*Repro*":http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cis/What_does_it_mean key points in your new tickets
!/images/false.png! Do NOT assign issues to any person. This is a moderator job.
!/images/false.png! Do NOT set priority. Priority has meaning only at BI side.
!/images/false.png! Do NOT set the target version. Use the _Affected ArmA II Version_ only.
!/themes/dh_squish/images/fugue/document_text_image.png! Read the *[[workflow]]*, if you want to understand the process.
h3. Links & Acronyms
* [[Versions]] and changelogs, "ArmA II Object class library":http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75455, "Unlock armory items":http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Cheats
* "Killing Bugs - Bohemia Interactive":http://www.bistudio.com/developers-blog/killing-bugs-3_en.html, "How to Report Bugs Effectively":http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html, "Old instructions for the A1 BTS":http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BTS_Instructions
* *BI* "Bohemia Interactive":http://www.bistudio.com , *BIF* "Bohemia Interactive Forums":http://forums.bistudio.com "Beta patch testing":http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82, *BIKI* "Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki":http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page
* *CTD* "Crash To Desktop":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_to_desktop, *WER* "Windows Error Reporting":http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/isv/bb190483.aspx, ArmAII: *OA* "Operation Arrowhead":http://www.arma2.com/arrowhead/arrowhead.html
A crash in beta (click to zoom)