CBA: Community Base Addons¶
- CBA: Community Base Addons
For Bohemia Interactive's ARMA 2, ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead (incl BAF and PMC), Combined Operations, Take on Helicopters and Take on Helicopters Rearmed.
What does the name Community Base Addons mean? It is a system that:
- Offers a range of features for addon-makers and mission designers.
- Aims to have community wide acceptance and to be used as much as possible by community addons to maintain compatibility.
- The community is very much encouraged to request or submit functionality.
- The most obvious example would be to submit functions to be included in the CBA function library.
- Extended Eventhandlers (XEH)
- Function and Macro Libraries
- Key Management
- Custom Events System
- Author and Credits system (Displayed during Main Menu and Pause Menu)
- Nil Check
- Help System
- Versioning System
- UI System
Most of the community will only need to use CBA since it will become a requirement for many addons and scripts. In and of itself, it does not provide the end-user with any functionality.
For Addon-makers and Mission-designers¶
Almost everyone making content for the game would benefit from using CBA.
- Making a component that uses CBA.
- Function library reference.
- Requesting new functionality.
CBA is intended to be developed not only by the official development team, but also by the community itself.