I just uploaded a new version of my mission WACO to the Files section. As requested, I added the ACE head bug fix. You can use it by using the radio alpha trigger (0-0-1). Then, I think I solved the elusive problem of disappearing AI squad leaders, and their teams becoming unresponsive. I also made some changes to the GUI that will make it easier to see how many camps you own in a town, and when you are able to capture the town (the town marker becomes yellow). Finally, some small fixes and balance tweaks.
Here is the full changelog:
- (ALL) Town supply value marker extended with number of camps
captured. Also, the marker turns yellow if your side has enough
camps to capture the town.
- (ALL) Prevented factory icons to be drawn when camp capture bar is
up. This should reduce the flashing of the camp capture bar.
- (ACE) T72A and M60A3 prices changed to 3500.
- (ACE) Added ACE head bug fix (use radio alpha).
- (ALL) AI leader respawning re-worked (again). Should prevent teams
from breaking when leaders went unconscious (ACE). Leader respawn
as team member enabled again, should increase AI efficiency.
- (ALL) AICOMBATFORMATIONRANGE constant added. Default set to 500.
- (ACE) Fix: Rucksacks in player's second weapon position were being
counted as field radios.
- (ALL) AI leaders could be unable to move when switched back from
independent air team type.
DH now features a new state called duplicate for future use.
Related issues - duplicate ID has to set separately.
Mostly fixes for the .yas files (both creation and import)
.yas files allow people to put "their server list" online and then import them via file association.
In order for it to work you need to launch the tool with administrator rights and click the "associate .yas files" button in settings.
(You could also simply add file association in windows manually)
After that you'll be able to doubleclick .yas files and the tool will open an import window for easy server imports.
.yas files can be linked to online, and opening the files in your browser should open the import window.
However, internally the files are xml so webservers will need to handle the mime type or else the files will simply open in your browser as text.
This behaviour can be worked around client side by clicking save as and running the downloaded file.
Various fixes and new features, check roadmap...
Some problems with teams becoming unresponsive were introduced in 1.1.7a. They are fixed in 1.1.7b. Download in the Files corner.
- (ALL) Fixed unreponsive teams.
- (ALL) Improved unsticking of teams.
In case you haven't read it yet,
you are very much encouraged to dive into the world of feeds.
It will make your life more enjoyable!
Finally I got around to releasing a new version of WACO. :-) There is the new stuff from ACE 1.06, some fixes and new features added. Here are the changes:
- (ALL) AI team members disembark if they detect an enemy unit close by.
- (ACE) Enabled new ACE 1.05/6 stuff: M2 Bradleys (used by AI teams again), M79 and M32 grenade launchers, M40A3 sniper rifle, RPG7 with PGO7 sight, Makarov SD, SA-9 and M6A1 SAM vehicles (also added to AI defense teams), BMD-1p.
- (ALL) Added SPON Map -> used for getting correct map grid references and the cool drawing facility.
- (ACE) New support for ACE 1.06 weapon-on-back feature. Can have primary and secondary weapons in back slot. Gear menu GUI updated.
- (ALL) Fix for error message (in playerHasRadio.sqf) that popped up when player team-killed.
- (ALL) Fixed problem where disconnecting players would not result in AI taking over team. Also, AI teams will be the same type depending on their number. So, if you are playing as WEST-C, and you disconnect, AI takes over and turns team into a tank team (default for WEST-C).
- (ALL) Hopefully fixed the repeating message that enemy base structures where spotted.
- (ALL) Disabled AI squad leader respawn as team member because it can break AI teams.
- (ALL) Fixed possible hang of AI teams: sometimes another team member would take over command (unclear why). If that unit would die the script would then hang waiting for that unit to respawn (which it will never do).
- (ALL) Tweaked probabilities for AI buildings defenses. Fewer search lights and artillery guns, more AT tripods.
- (ACE) Added more air defenses vehicles to AI base patrol and defense teams.
- (ALL) Fixes the erroneous use of Exit in SQF, replaced by ExitWith. This might fix some elusive error messages.
- (ALL) Enabled RACS to use all static defense weapons types.
- (ACE) Added more defense weapons to towns (ZU-23M, TOW, MK19, SPG9, M240) for RACS to use.
- (ACE) Added support for russian voices. Set russianVoicesEnabled to true in InitMission.sqf to enable. Disabled by default because it changes the player's name into one of the russian identity. I don't know a work-around for this yet.
- (ACE) East side now uses Russian flag in camps instead of SLA flag.
Starting today, WACO development will be hosted here at Dev Heaven. Many thanks to the DH crew for their generous support!
Added some images indicating "server type"
They are very ugly at the moment, but maybe some nice person could make some that aren't.
Adds file association support (.yas-files)
Also available in: Atom