- DevHeaven now supports vote tickets to mark the ones with importance.
- The site design and structure was improved a lot in the past few days.
Please share your feedback for any remaining issues.
- DevHeaven will go live very soon.
•Bug #562: Path to TS2.exe is not looked up and verified.
•Bug #1519: Mods to use for launch - groupbox positioning
•Bug #1537: Launch external application in combination with Teamspeak didn't work
•Feature #1538: Launch dialog remembers last selected modstring.
A small bugfixing release for Warface v1.1.8. Download in the Files section.
Here are the changes:
- Re-arranged HK416,417 and SCAR variants.
- Fix for player not being squad leader sometimes after respawn.
- Fast travel to base destination further away from HQ and safer placement.
- When AI constructs HQ all vehicles close to the site are moved further out.
- Soldiers should no longer spawn at town depot after purchases from barracks using radio.
- Script now picks up all radios under basic east and west radio types.
- AI Teams can now safely be disabled upon mission start (in lobby).
- Fix for stuck team AI after player left game on dedicated server.
- Unit additions:
WEST: Added more USSF LSRD units, and better AI team composition.
EAST: Replaced SpetzNatz by VDV Recon units, AI team also uses BMD-1p.
- Fixed problem where sidearm ammo cost was not counted.
- Included cost of items in their tooltips.
- Improved AI embarking behavior. AI will issue fewer orders causing less confusion.
- AI teams no longer go in stag. column formation near small towns.
- AI teams disembark further away from known enemies.
- AI targets hostile units and structures more consistently.
- Better AI out of formation handling.
- Moved equipment (bino, nv, laser and parachute pack) to misc section in gear menu.
- Sorted out hinds: Mi24D $7000, Mi24P & Mi24V $9000. AI uses D and V variants.
You can find the following SP missions and on MP CTF mission in
the dev repository:
- Black Thunder
- Defensive Strike v2
- Everon Transport 2
- SWORDFISH III
- CTF vs. AI Houdan (MP CTF with AI)
If they fun and once the missions are well playable,
we will get permission for public release.
Play testing some of them worked fine and yet some may need tweaking.
Please report any problems on the OAC issue tracker.
Warface 1.1.8 is here, on the same day as the ACE release this time ;-) Download in the Files section.
Here is the changelog:
- Added ACE 1.08 stuff: Hinds, RPG29 and disposable weapons fixed
(RPG22, 27, LAW and M136).
- Rewrote main AI script in SQF. Should fix most problems there were
with the AI.
- Replaced A10 in WEST air AI team by AV8B with AGM65.
- Improved AI commander base building: better factory placement and HQ is walled in.
- Town marker now shows if player is capable of buying gear (G),
defenses (D), or structures (S) at camps and depots. This depends
on the supply level of the town. G & D require 20, S requires 50.
- Soldiers can no longer be purchased at town depot. (But factories
can be constructed in towns if enough supply (50)).
- Bug gave player access to radio with (normal) rucksack on back.
- Added tooltips to the gear menu: hovering over the image of
weapons/ammo will show you the exact type in a tooltip.
- Added large walls to construction menu.
- Fixed map coords in messages on dedicated server.
- Fixed broken re-arm script.
- Ammo fixes: SD/subsonic ammo for silenced weapons. Should not
disappear because ammo base classes are now being used
properly. Removed tracer/non-tracer variants of MG ammo.
- Formation/combat mode adaptation by AI teams. If they are within a
town they assume STAG. COLUMN formation, on open ground WEDGE, and
in transit COLUMN. If no enemy is known, they are on SAFE behavior,
known but far away AWARE, and known and close COMBAT.
- Made team member selection in gear menu robust to team members
leaving/entering within 25 radius of player. Previously, the
selected team member would jump back to the player everytime some
AI moved away/toward the player - very annoying indeed.
Added autodetection of beta.exe
The tool now tries to launch the beta.exe if you launch with a modfolder containing beta.
If something goes wrong, it defaults to the exe you've set in settings.
Ability to launch dedicated server.
Thanks to Mopar and kju, you can find 7 more excellent campaigns
in the dev repository!
- YankieStalker (most likely missing addons)
They are probably partially non functional and need tweaking.
Please report any problems on the OAC issue tracker.
Also thanks to Mikero the all-in-one OFP_Editor addon
is available for OAC
It is a port of the famous editor103.pbo from OFP that
put all community editor addons in one.
The Close Assault project is now public and available for browsing. I've been spending what free time I have on coding, so I haven't uploaded files, documents, put together the wiki, or assembled the FAQ yet. The repository will be available (and linked into the changelogs) sometime next week.
The last major portions I have to code before v0.4 can be properly tested are the spectating interface, the debriefing screen, and the in game briefing and 'how to play' descriptions. Before a public release, I plan to improve the teamswitch code (especially within vehicles), the sector capturing code (right now captures are instant), and write a scoreboard replacement so those playing can have quick updates about the other players and map status (time left, players, sector status, etc). There are also a few odds and ends to be worked out, but most major systems are in place. I'm waiting on some new computer hardware to design the 'real' maps as all my testing has been done on ramahdi, the only island my poor macbook can load. As I've stated in a few places, I've been working on exams, but I'll probably be able to finish most of the remaining items before the end of the month, and get both private and public test versions out.
(As a bit of a bonus, last night I coded a scripted manual mortar system which will make its way into the first release (hopefully). Executing a proper assault or defense requires some indirect fire or suppression, and as I've been putting off the off-map support options, I wanted to see how players would do with indirect firepower at their fingertips, without the simplicity of a map-click-boom system. Using an invisible Mk19 or Ags-30 duct taped to the back of an M113 or BMP HQ, the player can maneuver the mortar into place and manually aim the launcher using the mouse to select the correct elevation and bearing to hit a grid square (appx. target location is updated in real time, as well as needed bearing and distance to hit a map-selected point). The shell is fired from the launcher at the correct trajectory, making for realistic flight path and flight time. The mortar is effective between 100m and 3000m, and is accurate to within about 10m with a blast radius of ~20m (D30 or M119 shells), flight time of 30-45 seconds, and credits kills and rating to the gunner. Almost unfair, in practice.)
We are happy to announce that we have installed a new RedMine Theme!
We hope this theme resolves some of the issues ppl were experiencing on our site.
We are still tweaking and evaluating...
Please join the discussion on our forum, and watch the issue tracker for related issues.
Also available in: Atom