New command "getRoadNetworkId" - road network id for road objects
|Category:||Scripting: New command|
|Affected ArmA II version:||Please select...||First affected ArmA II version:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||BIForumURL:|
|I am using:||NGUrl:|
|Reproducible for you:||No||WIKIurl:|
|Related to content of DLC:|
Since a world/island may have multiple road networks, there needs to be a command that returns the road network id of a given road object, so we can compare if two road-objects can be connected (same network) or not.
Lacking such a command, any route finding algorithm may not answer a "not connectable/no route found" until some limit (time/distance/...) is reached. And this is very bad. But if every road-object would have such a road network id, the algorithm could answer immediately!
Thus, the concept of "road networks" has to be enforced in visitor already, defining road networks and assigning every road object to one of the defined road networks (which is a strict 1 to m relation)
Updated by kju over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from road network id for road objects to New command "getRoadNetworkId" - road network id for road objects
- Category changed from World to Scripting: Problem
- Status changed from New to Assigned
Updated by kju about 5 years ago
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.05.62017 to Please select...
- Audio card set to Please specify!
- Size of OS swap file set to Please specify!