zoom iron sight bug non scoped weapons by switching between binocular and weapon
|Affected ArmA II version:||1.05.62017||First affected build:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||No||First affected ArmA II version:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using:||OA only||BIForumURL:|
|Reproducible for you:||No||NGUrl:|
|Related to content of DLC:||WIKIurl:|
When having a non scoped weaponed in iron sight mode(right click mouse) and you switch to binocular(b) and after that switch back from binocs to iron sight by pressing b directly the new iron sight of the non scoped weapon is zoomed in a lot more at the distance then the normal iron sight mode.
You get back to the normal ironsight by going out of it(right click) and in the iron sight mode (another right click). The view returns to normal.
By using this bug I can aim a lot better at the distance with my machine gun, or other non scoped weapon , which is an unfair advantage.
- start up mission editor and add a character with binocs
- get a machine gun or other non scoped weapon
- aim down iron sight(right click)
- switch to binoculars by pressing directly the b keys
- stop using binocus by pressing directly the binocs key
- the engine returns to the bugged extremely zoomed iron sight mode
- get back to the right iron sigt mode by going out and in it again (double right click)
Updated by kju over 7 years ago
- Due date set to 03/02/2010
- Category set to Gameplay
- Status changed from New to Assigned
Good report. Ty
Updated by PostaL over 7 years ago
small update: also happens when using the lasermarker target binocs
Updated by zGuba almost 7 years ago
- Due date changed from 03/02/2010 to 06/24/2010
- Assignee set to Dwarden
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.05 BETA to 1.05.62017
This is not gamebreaking issue but simple glitch. Can provide unfair advantage in PvP games.
Updated by kju over 6 years ago
- File 6897.Desert_E.7z added
- Due date changed from 06/24/2010 to 02/01/2011
- Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
- Operating system deleted (
Win7 64 bit)
- Graphics card deleted (
radeon 4850 512 mb)
- Graphics card driver version deleted (
- CPU deleted (
- I am using set to OA only
I cannot reproduce this.
A simple video would help or is my demo mission wrong?