Friendly fire issues
|Affected ArmA II version:||1.05.62017||First affected build:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||No||First affected ArmA II version:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using:||BIForumURL:|
|Reproducible for you:||No||NGUrl:|
|Related to content of DLC:||WIKIurl:|
[Tested with beta build 60141]
Many friendly fire issues with low precisionFriendly/precisionEnemy in ArmA2Profile.
- Values under 0.80 may cause some episodes of friendly fire caused mostly by machinegunners.
- Lower values cause any units shooting without much care for friendles.
- Suppression fire is another cause of friendly fire episodes.
We need units to hold fire when other units come into line of fire, or conversely having units not crossing line of fire.
Updated by kju almost 6 years ago
- Due date set to 11/20/2009
- Status changed from New to Feedback
Please provide repro steps, a demo mission and your configuration file.
A video would help too.
Updated by alef almost 6 years ago
- Affected ArmA II version changed from Please select... to 1.05 BETA
- CPU changed from Please specify! to n/a
Updated by Fireball almost 6 years ago
Well if the precision or skill value basically also represents the IQ of the weapon holder, friendly fire would be nothing more than a logical consequence... :-P
Updated by Fireball over 5 years ago
- Due date changed from 01/20/2010 to 02/10/2010
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.05 BETA to 1.05.62017
It's difficult to keep it as a bug if we can't repro it, or don't know the current configuration. I think the AI does have some basic awareness that they shall not shoot if you are in their line of fire, but, as you mention, it might happen anyway when you are not in the immediate line, and they are imprecise.
So it could be taken as a Feature ticket to extend the "safety cone", possibly reciprocal to the skill level.