Searchlights' blinding effect is occluded by trees, but not by Earth.
|Target version:||Upcoming version|
|Affected ArmA II version:||1.62.95248||First affected build:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||Yes||First affected ArmA II version:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using:||BIForumURL:|
|Reproducible for you:||Yes||NGUrl:|
|Related to content of DLC:||WIKIurl:|
- In the mission editor, find a hill with sparse or no trees.
- I used the hill directly West of Strelka on Utes.
- Set the in-game time to midnight.
- Place a searchlight on one side of the hill. Turn the light on, and point it at the hill.
- Get out of the searchlight and stand on the other side of the hill, such that the hill prevents line-of-sight between you and the searchlight.
See in YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAL9OlhLaOY
You are blinded with a bright white haze when looking towards the searchlight.
The hill should prevent you from being blinded.
- This bug was split off from bug #4147 "Searchlights provide unrealistic illumination.".
- Trees do prevent this blinding effect. See the YouTube video for a demonstration.
- Gameplay effects: This means a vehicle with its lights on at night could be seen through unforested terrain, making it very easy for a scout to watch the vehicle's position without being visible in return. Maybe this will be a bigger problem for Operation Arrowhead's deserts.
Updated by zGuba almost 6 years ago
- Due date set to 12/11/2009
- Category changed from Visual to Rendering
- Status changed from New to Assigned
Updated by kju over 5 years ago
- Due date changed from 02/11/2010 to 07/14/2010
- Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.04.59026 to 1.05.62017
- Audio card set to Please specify!
- Size of OS swap file set to Please specify!
Updated by kju about 5 years ago
- Due date changed from 07/14/2010 to 10/01/2010
- Status changed from Feedback to Assigned
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.05.62017 to 1.52.71816
Updated by Dwarden about 5 years ago
- Assignee set to Dwarden
- Target version set to Upcoming version
- Reproduced by another DH user changed from No to Yes
- Reproducible for you changed from No to Yes
Updated by kju almost 5 years ago
- Due date changed from 10/01/2010 to 03/01/2011
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.52.71816 to 1.56.76134
Updated by kju over 4 years ago
- Due date changed from 03/01/2011 to 07/01/2011
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.56.76134 to 1.59 BETA
- Audio card deleted (
- Size of OS swap file deleted (
Updated by Fireball almost 4 years ago
- Due date changed from 07/01/2011 to 03/01/2012
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.59 BETA to 1.60.87580