Bug #4084

ui.pbo spelling mistakes

Added by Synide almost 8 years ago. Updated almost 8 years ago.

Status:Rejected Start date:08/28/2009
Priority:Low Due date:
Assignee:- % Done:


Target version:-
Affected ArmA II version:Please select... First affected build:
Reproduced by another DH user: First affected ArmA II version:
I am using some Mods: Single / Multi Player?:
I am using: BIForumURL:
Reproducible for you: NGUrl:
Related to content of DLC: WIKIurl:


Spelling mistakes for class properties/parameters and/or class names.

  • ui.pbo\config.cpp\RscObjectives
    cancled="\ca\ui\data\ui_task_cancelled_ca.paa"; // Should be cancelled
  • ui.pbo\config.cpp\RscDisplayMultiplayer\controlsbackground
    class CA_TextServerDetailountry: CA_TextServerDetailMission // Should be CA_TextServerDetailCountry


Updated by kju almost 8 years ago

  • Project changed from ArmA2 Tools Community IssueTracker to ARMA2 Community Issue Tracker

Updated by kju almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback

I moved it the A2 CIT, instead of the tools tracker Sy.
Or was it there for a reason?

Latest beta patch?

cancelled is cancelled in your example.

Updated by Synide almost 8 years ago

Yes, Sorry in the latest Beta build 58899.

Updated by Dwarden almost 8 years ago

  • Category set to Interface
  • Status changed from Feedback to In progress
  • Assignee set to Dwarden
  • Priority changed from Normal to Low
  • Target version set to 1.05 BETA
  • % Done changed from 0 to 10

Updated by Dwarden almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from In progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 10 to 100

1st case, typo is on engine side, fixing it would introduce a bug.
2nd case, class name is not important.

Updated by kju almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Rejected
  • Assignee deleted (Dwarden)
  • Target version deleted (1.05 BETA)

In other words a change could have effects on other parts and therefore requires too much effort to be worth it.

Updated by Synide almost 8 years ago

Yes Dwarden, I realize that the 1st. is a property of the class as is built into the .exe that's why I mentioned that it should be change. I didn't mean that we the end user should change it in the config.cpp and hope it would somehow magically alter the hardcoded property name in the .exe.
If you have a look at the difference tween this beta ui.pbo\config.cpp and the previous version you'll note that a previous mispelling of a class parm/prop was rectificed.
Namely RscToolbox.coloSelectedBg was renamed to RscToolbox.colorSelectedBg in this beta patch so they are most definitely willing to alter source code when inclined.
The 2nd. of course it doesn't matter. But, Seeing as whomever next has this source booked out and one is in this neck of the woods why not alter that too. Keeps things tidy.
But, as you've already dimissed this as irrelevant then your right, it doesn't matter.

Also available in: Atom PDF