|Affected ArmA II version:||First affected ArmA II version:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||BIForumURL:|
|I am using:||NGUrl:|
|Reproducible for you:||No||WIKIurl:|
|Related to content of DLC:|
- Rangefinders are working constantly.
- Rangefinders can work forever.
- Rangefinders are perfect, using unfiltered CA_Distance control with idc 151.
- Rangefinders have unlimited maximum range.
- Fire Control Systems cannot make direct use of rangefinder data.
- Rangefinders should update only when player presses "RF" button, or when laser designator is active.
- Rangefinders should not allow ranging when overheated (usually it's realized with a couple of seconds between ranging is possible).
- Rangefinders should have configurable precision, so the results are rounded up to realistic values.
- Rangefinders should have configurable minimum and maximum range.
- Fire Control Systems should be able to gather data from rangefinder in order to compute correct lead (task for another ticket).
Updated by Ulanthorn about 5 years ago
Yes you are absolutely right, and in addition I want to add that handheld laser range finders have a maximum range, usually around 1500-2000 meters for high performance models.
Updated by ThePredator about 5 years ago
The Leica Vector 21B has a max. range of 12.000m and is a compact handheld binocular rangefinder.