Option to hide map textures
|Affected ArmA II version:||Please select...||First affected ArmA II version:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using some Mods:||BIForumURL:|
|I am using:||NGUrl:|
|Reproducible for you:||WIKIurl:|
|Related to content of DLC:|
It's not possible to hide textures on the map. To reproduce:
- Run ArmA 2 1.02.58134
- Start any of the SP missions
- Go to the map screen
Map textures are shown by default.
There are no controls that show the map scale and to show/hide map textures. This feature was present in ArmA 1 and should be present in ArmA 2 as well. Map textures make it hard to see map detail and it also puts extra load on the computer while panning/zooming.
Updated by zGuba over 7 years ago
- Subject changed from Unable to hide map textures... to Option to hide map textures
- Due date set to 10/14/2009
- Category set to Interface
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.02.58134 to 1.04.59026
Updated by Fireball over 7 years ago
- Due date changed from 10/14/2009 to 01/14/2010
- Reproduced by another DH user set to No
- CPU set to Please specify!
Updated by kju over 6 years ago
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.04.59026 to Please select...
- Audio card set to Please specify!
- Size of OS swap file set to Please specify!
Updated by thomsonb over 6 years ago
I would like to see this feature in A2.
Map without textures is more realistic like a military map.
In Operation Arrowhead the performance drop when panning and zooming the map on Takistan seems worse than on Chernarus.