Bug #25506

[A2+OA] Scenario objective name incorrect

Added by OMAC over 3 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:Closed Start date:10/15/2011
Priority:Normal Due date:
Assignee:Suma % Done:

0%

Category:Mission
Target version:1.60.87580
Affected ArmA II version:1.60 BETA First affected build:1.59.85478
Reproduced by another DH user:Yes First affected ArmA II version:1.60 BETA
I am using some Mods:No Single / Multi Player?:
I am using:CO (OA+A2) BIForumURL:
Reproducible for you:Yes NGUrl:
Related to content of DLC: WIKIurl:

Description

Using OA beta 85748, in the scenario Laser Show played on Veteran, the objective name "Capture Village" is replaced with "objVillage" in the task (objective) list once the scenario has begun. At scenario start, "Capture Village" is displayed properly in Task list, but once fighting starts, the name changes to "objVillage." "Capture Village" is also not displayed on scenario debriefing screen, which is blank for that objective, and there is no green fill to the square indicating that the objective has been completed. The other objective Exfiltrate is named properly throughout.

All is normal in 1.59 vanilla.


Related issues

related to ARMA2 Community Issue Tracker - Bug #25458: Scripting issues with OA campaign 07 Eye of the Typhoon m... Closed 10/14/2011

History

Updated by OMAC over 3 years ago

  • Description updated (diff)

Updated by OMAC over 3 years ago

  • Description updated (diff)

Updated by OMAC over 3 years ago

  • Description updated (diff)

Updated by OMAC over 3 years ago

  • Subject changed from Scenario objective name incorrect, and objective does not complete properly to Scenario objective name incorrect

Updated by OMAC over 3 years ago

  • Difficulty changed from Not set to Veteran

Updated by rok over 3 years ago

  • Reproduced by another DH user changed from No to Yes

I was able to reproduce the issue only after I had restarted the mission once.

Also I had error message at mission start:

BIS_missionScope setVariable ["BIS_taskH>
  Error position: <BIS_missionScope setVariable ["BIS_taskH>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_missionscope

Looks very similar to http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25458

---- EDIT ----
Tested some other SP scenarios and was able to reproduce similar errors with simple repro steps:
1. Start a mission and wait few seconds
2. Click Esc and restart
3. Observe errors in hintbox/on screen/RPT file/wrong obj name

Errors in scenarios: E01 - E06, 02 Eye for an Eye
No error: E07

Updated by kju over 3 years ago

  • Due date set to 11/01/2011
  • Assignee set to Suma
  • Operating system deleted (Win7 64 bit)
  • Graphics card deleted (NVIDIA GTX 295)

Updated by OMAC over 3 years ago

deleted

Updated by OMAC over 3 years ago

  • I am using set to CO (OA+A2)

Updated by Fireball over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned

Updated by Hanzu over 3 years ago

  • Subject changed from Scenario objective name incorrect to [OA] Scenario objective name incorrect
  • Maxmem parameter deleted (Not set)

Good find OMAC

Need to test at some point if this is true for multiplayer versions of those scenarios for example COOP 08 Laser Show...

Updated by Suma over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

Should be fixed in 85489 (while other events are still postponed, init event handler is always called immediately).

Updated by kju over 3 years ago

  • Due date deleted (11/01/2011)
  • Target version set to Upcoming version

Updated by OMAC over 3 years ago

Good job as usual, Suma! :)

Hanzu, this problem applied to A2 also. rok found, and I have confirmed, that the problem was very evident in the Eye For An Eye scenario, where all objectives became misnamed if the mission is restarted.

Updated by OMAC over 3 years ago

  • Subject changed from [OA] Scenario objective name incorrect to [A2+OA] Scenario objective name incorrect

Updated by kju over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Target version changed from Upcoming version to 1.60 BETA

Works again as far as I can tell.

Updated by kju about 3 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.60 BETA to 1.60.87580

Also available in: Atom PDF