Damage to engine block causes vehicle immobility
|Target version:||TBD||Estimated time:||12.00 hours|
Large rounds or anti-materiel rounds striking engine block area cause significant damage to unarmoured engine compartment, disabling vehicle movement.
Updated by atikabubu almost 5 years ago
It would be nice, because now if you get a direct engine hit, you are dead.
- Add something like "ace_engine_type" to vehicles. Possible variables would be "petrol, diesel". Petrol engines would have a high chance of exploding, diesel engines mediocre to low.
- Make some magic math for critical engine hits.
- Slowing down after 50% damage?
Updated by Sickboy almost 5 years ago
- Due date set to 09/24/2011
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to q1184
- Target version set to 395
- Component set to sys_vehicledamage
Damage to engine already makes for disabled vehicle movement right?
If the weapon does no damage to the Engine, perhaps we have a penetration / damage issue
Updated by q1184 almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Assigned
I believe the ticket is more about unarmored cars. Currently their damage is handled by the engine (based on hit-points). I might look into scripting it as well.
Updated by kOepi almost 5 years ago
I dont understand this ticket. if a bullet runs through an engine block, the engine will stop working.
with a bit of luck only one cylinder will deny its duty.
the engine normally is made of aluminium which is pretty soft.