Make AI infantry to kneel or lay down when exhausted when attempting to return fire effectively
|Affected ArmA II version:||1.60 BETA||First affected ArmA II version:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||Yes||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||BIForumURL:|
|I am using:||CO (OA+A2)||NGUrl:|
|Reproducible for you:||Yes||WIKIurl:|
|Related to content of DLC:|
Infantry gets exhausted by movement (duty value in configs)
or from stress by nearby bullet/weapon impacts.
This ups the weapon sway considerable making it hard to aim properly.
The same is true for AI; yet unlikely players AI does not kneel or
lay down to reduce the weapon sway by stance or even to recover from
exhaustion (recovery is way higher when laying down).
If AI only wants to return fire to distract or frighten the enemy,
the current behavior is OK.
Yet when the AI wants to attempt to actually hit and kill the target,
it should kneel/lay down before firing to be able to return fire effectively.
- Run the attached mission
- The bluefor AI is invulnerable
- This makes it way more likely to see situations easily when AI with high weapon sway from stress and movement
- Most times the AI flanks south at some point
- This leads to mid/long range fire
- The high sway makes the AI unable to hit something (effectively)
Updated by kju over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Make AI infantry to crouch or lay down when exhausted when attempting to return fire effectively to Make AI infantry to kneel or lay down when exhausted when attempting to return fire effectively
- Description updated (diff)