[1.63.125548] Parachutes always end up facing roughly north
|Affected ArmA II version:||1.63 Beta||First affected build:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||No||First affected ArmA II version:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using:||BIForumURL:|
|Reproducible for you:||No||NGUrl:|
|Related to content of DLC:||WIKIurl:|
When parachuting in a non-player-controlled parachute, regardless of the direction you start in, the parachute will turn to face north after a few seconds.
Attached is a simple repro mission of this. You will start in the air at 500 meters alt. Every 15 seconds you will be turned a random direction. Observe that shortly after that, you will have turned back towards the north (keeping the compass up helps to show this more clearly).
Desired behavior would be that parachutes can orient in any direction and not automatically "snap to north" as they do now.
This issue has been around since OFP IIRC.
- Spawn non-controllable parachute high in the air, with player unit on board
- Observe the behaviour of the parachute after some time
Parachute turns in totally random directions.
Parachute always ends up facing north.
Updated by zGuba over 4 years ago
- Due date set to 12/05/2011
- Category set to AI Issues
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Dwarden
- Affected ArmA II version changed from Please select... to 1.59.79384
Updated by kju over 3 years ago
- Due date deleted (
- Category changed from Controls to Game physics
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.59.79384 to 1.62.95251 Win Server