AI chopper pilot stuck in autohover for a while after picking up passengers
|Affected ArmA II version:||1.59.79384||First affected build:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||No||First affected ArmA II version:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using:||BIForumURL:|
|Reproducible for you:||Yes||NGUrl:|
|Related to content of DLC:||WIKIurl:|
- Place AI piloted chopper
- Place AI group you want as passengers
- Place "Load" waypoint for the chopper
- Place "Get in" waypoint for the passenger group
- Synchronize these two waypoints
- Place a new waypoint for chopper to fly off to
- Preview mission
- Observe AI chopper limping off slowly when it leaves the pickup zone
- Press ESC and abort mission
When an ai pilot picks up passengers and dusts off to the next waypoint it seems to be stuck in autohover for around 20-30 seconds after leaving the pickup zone.
The ai pilot should turn autohover off immediately when the last person of the passengers is aboard.
Updated by Sekra almost 6 years ago
Doing tests with other choppers seems to indicate that the AI keeps the autohover on until a certain distance from the pickup point, instead of a certain time.
Updated by F2kSel almost 5 years ago
I notice that if you just place an AI chopper on the ground and use this engineon true it goes to hover mode. Previously I thought it sat on the ground with engines running. Also this engineon false no longer works.