Single use weapons
|Target version:||1.63 BETA|
|Affected ArmA II version:||First affected ArmA II version:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||BIForumURL:|
|I am using:||NGUrl:|
|Reproducible for you:||No||WIKIurl:|
|Related to content of DLC:|
Disposable weapon simulation is still missing - 6-slot M136 AT-4 magazine is rather a "placeholder" than realistic solution, such weapons shouldn't be useful anymore and they shouldn't affect soldier's space for equipment because they were designed not to do so.
Real life disposable weapons are using traditional magazines. To make them single shot in battle, they utilize 6-slot magazines that reduce avaiable space in soldier's equipment.
The single shot weapon should require:
- preparing before shot
- some require special items like Javelin CLU or RPO-M scope present in unit's inventory to be prepared and fired.
- don't need unit to have magazines for such weapon
- have different models for unprepared, prepared and used weapon
- be dropped to the ground after player selects another weapon
A video showing an implementation of features mentioned in Advanced Combat Environment
Updated by Vigilante over 7 years ago
The latest ACE Mod install seem to have circumvented any CTD problems now. Last time i played it, it had the disposable launchers working! So shall be possible to do these in ArmaII aswell.
Updated by zGuba over 7 years ago
The CTD problem I mentioned was concerning AI disposals, which was sometimes causing CTDs. On the other hand, ACE/CF disposals were workarounds for most missions not taking in account the fact soldier can barely have more than one spare launcher. That's why I hope that in the future this feature would be hardcoded.
Main issue that came with ARMA2 is the fact the M136 tooks half of equipment slots, which is unacceptable. Tube is transported on your back, not in your pockets. I wonder if we could have a weapon that could be taken from a crate and fired once, without taking any magazine slots - then disposed easily while switching weapons.
Updated by Pyrodox about 7 years ago
I would like to see this as well. M136s are issued as a round of ammunition, they are meant to be disposable, and meant to be easily carried by Infantry into the field.
Even if the weapon isn't automatically disposed of after being shot, but rendered useless (no ammo), it would work better than what we have now. Someone should be able to carry 1 M136 on their back without having to give up all of their load carrying capacity.
As it stands, the M136 is not utilized in game as it is in real situations, and taking an M136 severely hinders the individual soldier's effectiveness outside an anti-tank role.
Updated by Fireball about 7 years ago
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.01.57751 to 1.02.58134
- Maxmem parameter deleted (
Updated by Fireball almost 7 years ago
- Due date deleted (
- Reproduced by another DH user set to No
Updated by zGuba almost 7 years ago
- Affected ArmA II version deleted (
- Difficulty deleted (
Updated by BLUFOR about 6 years ago
I really hope this gets fixed. It's one of those flaws that neither enhances the realism or the gameplay. Lose/lose.
Updated by CarlGustaffa about 6 years ago
Fully disposable (not usable weapon anymore) is the only alternative.
New 6 slot system is way better than the old 2 slot system, but true disposable would be best.
Updated by BigDawgKS about 6 years ago
Engine implementation would be nice, but so far practical scripted solutions seem to work pretty well. I just hope that if it is implemented, that it's configurable enough to be utilized properly on most (if not all) weapons systems.
Updated by BLUFOR about 6 years ago
I'm sure BI will eventually implement a new disposable weapons function. :) Perhaps within the next patch or two. They have to!
Updated by Nyles almost 6 years ago
A disposable launcher system should work as follows:
- One-shot launchers, like M136, RPG-18, Igla, Strela, Stinger and NLAW are carried only as launchers, occupying the back slot in the inventory but no ammunition slot
- After use, the launcher will be made defunct and will be dropped when switching back to the primary weapon (no auto-drop to keep player in control after shot)
- The dropped model will not be pickable anymore and gets deleted shortly after (smoke could signal that it's expired)
- Optionally, taking a disposable launcher could reduce the inventory by X slots (maybe 2-3 for M136/RPG18, 3-4 for NLAW or 4-5 for AA) depending on bulkiness and dimensions of the launcher (note that this would not mean, the launchers are actually using ammo)
Remaining AT weapons would still be reloadable like right now.
Updated by zGuba about 5 years ago
so that's exactly like Inko/ACE disposals are working :) they just don't generate smoke upon deletion and don't support AA launchers yet.
Updated by zGuba over 4 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- CPU deleted (
- Audio card deleted (
- Size of OS swap file deleted (
- Language deleted (
Please set for missions)