Takistan GPS COORDS 116085-116086 AI refuses to move though certain line
|Affected ArmA II version:||1.60 BETA||First affected build:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||Yes||First affected ArmA II version:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using:||BIForumURL:|
|Reproducible for you:||Yes||NGUrl:|
|Related to content of DLC:||WIKIurl:|
At the border between 116087 and 116086 in Takistan, there is an invisible block that does not let AI pass but allows a player to move freely.
Steps to reproduce
- Download the attached demomission
- Extract it to ArmA 2\Missions\
- Start Singleplayer->Scenario->AI_weird.Takistan
- Issue a "Column" order to make the effect more obvious (does not depend on the formation though)
- As the human team leader, move beyond the line of red arrows in front of you.
- AI will stop somewhere near the red line and will not pass it. If the team leader moves towards the road or high enough in the hill, he will eventually pass the invisible block and others will follow him.
There are more places like this on the map, I have seen at least one other spot, but I didn't realize it at that point and cannot really say where it was. I also think the bug is not new, I have observed this (at the other place which I unfortunately cannot remember) in an earlier revision too.
This is without any mods, just plain A2+OA+BAF+PMC
(I put this under category "World" since I assume it is a mesh problem, not a real AI problem)
Updated by Fireball almost 5 years ago
- Due date set to 04/06/2011
- Status changed from New to Assigned
Updated by Hanzu about 4 years ago
- File Takistan_GPS_COORDS_116085-116086_AI_refuses_to_move_though_certain_line.jpg added
- Subject changed from AI will not cross a certain spot in Takistan to Takistan GPS COORDS 116085-116086 AI refuses to move though certain line
- Description updated (diff)
- Due date deleted (
- Operating system deleted (
Win7 64 bit)
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.58 BETA to 1.60 BETA
- Maxmem parameter deleted (
- Difficulty deleted (
- Reproduced by another DH user changed from No to Yes
- I am using deleted (
Using 1.60 BETA without any mods and I managed to reproduce this issue both with original reporters demomission and in editor.
In editor also my AI controlled Humwee stopped to that insisible block, but whith second move command continued through it. AI men did not manage to do the same. They always needed to find a way around invisible block either using the road where block ends or going higher to the hill where the other end of the block seems to be.