Drop command: RotationVelocity enablement for billboard particles
|Affected ArmA II version:||Please select...||First affected ArmA II version:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||BIForumURL:|
|I am using:||NGUrl:|
|Reproducible for you:||No||WIKIurl:|
|Related to content of DLC:|
Currently there isn't a way (that I know of) to rotate a billboard particle through the drop command. The RotationVelocity parameter works on SpaceObject particles but not Billboard particles - can this be changed please?
There must be SOME way to enable this feature, as billboard particles emitted from a #particleSource can rotate.
Updated by Sickboy over 4 years ago
- Project changed from DevHeaven (Only site issues) to ARMA2 Community Issue Tracker
- Affected ArmA II version set to Please select...
- Maxmem parameter set to Not set
- Difficulty set to Not set
- Reproduced by another DH user set to No
- CPU set to Please specify!
- Audio card set to Please specify!
- Size of OS swap file set to Please specify!
- I am using some Mods set to No
- Reproducible for you set to No
Updated by DMarkwick over 4 years ago
Any movement on this issue? I cannot see any reason why the rotation functionality would need to be disabled deliberately, so either an update of why it is, or an acknowledgement that it is indeed a bug, would be welcome :)
Updated by DMarkwick about 4 years ago
OK, last night I discovered that, either as a new functionality or as an accidental find, I can now rotate billboard particles on a per-drop basis.
The odd thing is, that the effect is rather variable between particle types. Some particles need a low number to be apparent, other particles need a anumber a magnitude higher, and yet others need even more. I haven't yet found a reason for this (but I also haven't really tried) but it definately does not act the way it's documented.