Prohibit .jpg for custom faces and enforce only .paa
|Target version:||Upcoming version|
|Affected ArmA II version:||1.59.79384||First affected build:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||Yes||First affected ArmA II version:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using:||BIForumURL:|
|Reproducible for you:||Yes||NGUrl:|
|Related to content of DLC:||WIKIurl:|
As title states...
Custom faces are already somewhat of a pita because some faces in .jpg-format cause a 0.5 second stutter, a complete pause, every time the wearer of that face enters or exits your field of view. It seems that the face doesn't even have to be very big, because when asking people about this I've heard their face is usually something like 50 kb in size, which isn't that big. AFAIK faces in .paa-format(the "natural" texture format of Arma's engine) do not cause this, but there's also seems to be no way to enforce .paa-only faces
If this is true then enforce .paa as the only format for custom faces.
Updated by kju about 5 years ago
- Due date set to 10/14/2010
- Category set to Multiplayer
- Status changed from New to Feedback
Needs demo files and repro steps. Ty
Updated by 76 about 5 years ago
I dont have this data, this is kinda in relation to #4969 cause more and more servers are disabling custom faces.
If the quote above is true and BI is aware of it they can make .paa files the only format for custom faces.
Updated by Fireball about 5 years ago
- Due date changed from 10/14/2010 to 12/14/2010
- Status changed from Feedback to Assigned
AFAIR the custom face option is on the top issues list for improvement, since people can't use it only seeing that probably 50% of the servers reject any custom faces or only very small files, so it's almost not viable.
This suggestion could be added up, if the problem with JPEGs persists.
Updated by Dwarden about 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Dwarden
- Target version set to Upcoming version
- I am using deleted (
.png format support would be also welcomed addition
Updated by kju about 4 years ago
- Due date changed from 12/14/2010 to 12/01/2011
- Operating system deleted (
Win7 64 bit)
- Graphics card deleted (
GTX 470 OC)
- Graphics card driver version deleted (
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.54.72888 to 1.59.79384
- Reproduced by another DH user changed from No to Yes
- CPU deleted (
Q9650 OC @ 4GHz)
- Mainboard chipset deleted (
- System RAM size deleted (
- GPU VRAM size deleted (
- Audio card deleted (
Creative X-Fi Extreme)
- Size of OS swap file deleted (
- Reproducible for you changed from No to Yes