[OA] Tank awareness is too low when halted vs units (BETA 72107)
|Affected ArmA II version:||1.60 BETA||First affected build:|
|Reproduced by another DH user:||Yes||First affected ArmA II version:|
|I am using some Mods:||No||Single / Multi Player?:|
|I am using:||OA only||BIForumURL:|
|Reproducible for you:||Yes||NGUrl:|
|Related to content of DLC:||WIKIurl:|
When moving at any speed as a unit around a halted enemy tank it does not react until you move either in front of it or fire a shot (See youtube video below).
AI tank commanders should randomly timed "scan horizon" and hear if a unit runs close to the tank.
Being lucky when walking between random scans by AI tank commander should make the player lucky enough to move in on the tank, and for example plant a satchel.
Video can only be accessed through the above link
BETA 72107. No addons.
Updated by Alex72 over 6 years ago
- File ExampleMission.Takistan.zip added
Start mission and run around the tanks.
Updated by Fireball over 6 years ago
- Due date changed from 08/01/2010 to 09/15/2010
I think this may be remedied with scripting, e.g. setting them to danger mode and giving them a waypoint with Guard order or a patrol area, i.e. creating some potential real life scenario.
I can't think of a real life example where a tank is just supposed to sit on a place with no order. Normally, if a tank crew is just e.g. waiting somewhere to meet up with friendly units, they're turned out or maybe even disembarked.
Updated by kju over 6 years ago
- Due date changed from 09/15/2010 to 02/01/2011
- Status changed from Feedback to Assigned
- Operating system deleted (
Win7 64 bit)
- Graphics card deleted (
- Graphics card driver version deleted (
- Affected ArmA II version changed from 1.53 BETA to 1.56 BETA
- Reproduced by another DH user changed from No to Yes
- Mainboard chipset deleted (
- System RAM size deleted (
- GPU VRAM size deleted (
- Audio card deleted (
- Size of OS swap file deleted (
- I am using set to OA only
- Reproducible for you changed from No to Yes
Well sounds like hearing capabilities are too low now for tanks.
Would be some config tweaking work.