Promotion of CR event

Added by Ari about 5 years ago

Listing out what we've got:

BIS forum announcement - tonight (29th April)

PC Format website announcement and follow-up interview - Friday (30th April)

PC Format forums, release of CR artwork for general use - Tuesday (4th May or earlier?)

TechRadar.com piece - next week.

PC Format website, ARMA 2 Guide 1? - Wednesday (5th May)

Teaser 1 - Friday (7th May - wish me luck!)

PC Format website, ARMA 2 Guide 2? - Wednesday (12th May)

Teaser 2/Trailer - Fri/Monday (14/17th May - poss may end up doing just one or the other)

Other possibles:

RichieSpeed chat, either written or a short podcast about video tips.

CVG/GamesRadar coverage/banner - will see if I can get anywhere with one of their site staff. This would be best once we've got registration page they can link to.

Replies (6)

RE: Promotion of CR event - Added by Ari about 5 years ago

I've uploaded the jpg versions of the initial promo art for CR to the files section.

RE: Promotion of CR event - Added by Tankbuster about 5 years ago

Really nice work. Can I use them for my launch post this evening?

Sure, That's what they are for. If you could make sure you mention Lazery Attack and their website that'd be appreciated and keep their logo in.

We should be able to get some bits and bobs as we go. Tis hard though, as Art are focused on the mag.

Also, got an interview penciled in with Marek Spanel. Any questions you want to ask?

I will mention LA of course, going to be knocking up the ingame advertising this week

Related: We aren't doing the in game video briefing just yet, it's on the back burner. I'm not convinced it has more than gimmick value.

There's a number of questions that I'd like to ask Maruk, but none that he hasn't been asked before.

It'd certainly be interesting to know what plans they have for a new game engine.

Ask him for general comments on BI strategy of staying independent while the big publishers assimilate the smaller development studios.

In the later OpF days, we knew Armed Assault was coming and when Armed Assault came, we knew ArmA was being cooked up, but right now, we know nothing beyond Operation Arrowhead. See if he can give us any clues?

You keep using the phrase 'in-game video briefing', when I mention teasers or the trailer. The two are completely different things. I agree, an in-game video briefing for all six missions would be tough to do at this point and is a luxury. (A quick fly-by of the route for each night, may be possible and a quick and dirty alternative). But good trailers or teasers can pick up thousands of eyeballs on Youtube and create interest beyond the mere 47 people who can play. I'll be attempting it anyway and see how it goes.

Yes, I do talk about them together but I'm aware they are not related.

Note that player total is now 35, not 47 due to squad restructuring.

(1-6/6)