Start date for Chernarus Rhapsody?

Added by Ari almost 5 years ago

Now that Operation Arrowhead's release date is known as June 29th. what are people's thoughts on a launch date? Will the launch OA affect us that greatly if it overlaps? Will everyone suddenly migrate to OA and drop ARMA 2?

Replies (13)

RE: Start date for Chernarus Rhapsody? - Added by Tankbuster almost 5 years ago

I think we need to be finished by OA launch date. I know I will be piling into OA the moment I get it, so I expect a lot of other will too.
Suggested CR dates are (Thursdays) 13th, 20th and 27th of May, 3rd, 10th and 17th June.

That ends the week before OA launch and gives us a tiny bit over 2 weeks from today to finish it.

RE: Start date for Chernarus Rhapsody? - Added by Ari almost 5 years ago

Urgh, tall order on the video production. I'm finally meeting up with Richie on Friday and he's going to help me figure out how best to do some of the shooting, offer advice etc. Will post the storyboarding I've got tomoz. Should be able to get a short trailer done for it, I think.

We always knew it was going to be tight and that the vid stuff is time consuming.
On the plus side, we squished a nasty gameplay bug this evening.

Doesn't leave much time for promotion either. There will be coverage in the mag in May (on sale 10th May, but to subscribers a few days earlier). The basic logo will be done this week, if I get the in-game model shots sent to me today, I can get them added in. Assuming, of course, you actually want me to do any of this? I'm getting the impression you want to do it all by yourselves, which is fine by me if that's the case.

Regardless of video issues, tis a bit of a short build-up if you want to generate much noise, especially as BIS are involved and are supplying prizes. I don't quite understand why you don't shuffle it up at least a week. Even if the campaign finished on the 24th, there'd still be five days before the new standalone appeared. Anyway, it's up to you guys.

We can push it back a week if will help, no problem. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a little bit more debug time.

We've got no more ingame shots than we already sent to you. I'm afraid you'll have to use your uber test rig. :)

We didn't intend to take over the album parody logo production, it just sort of happened. We were testing a squashed bug and stood under a street lamp and before we knew it, Tankus was taking screen shots and emailing them to rarius. I'll ask him how he got on and if he's planning to take them all the way to the finished product.

Will add a draft of one of the general banners, plus logo badges to show how it looks like so far. If you want me to get a parady done, I'll need the images asap as our Art Ed isn't here tomorrow and I would like to post something on the website this Friday for the weekend crowd.

We will need a TeamSPAFF logo too.

This is a draft of a general banner image (not as great as I'd hoped, but asking for one to be made with a helicopter firing as well, which will have greater impact), together with a few versions of the 'badge logo', as I've called it.

The Lazery Attack logo needs to be bigger as well.

ARMA_II_web_kit.pdf - CR web kit draft (546.1 kB)

Having one made using this image as well, which will work better.

Yep, in response to pushing it back a week, I would suggest 20th May is early enough as it is.

Just chatted to Rarius in MSN. He says he'll finish the logo today.

Like that pic and the webkit, mate. Nice job.

I'm planning on launching this on the BIS forums this evening with a post similar to the "play arma2, win prizes" post I put on PCF.

I'll ask Placebo to pimp it, he's been really helpful so far. Hopefully the launch of the full game might encourage some more testers for monday. This OK with you?

We don't really have a teamSPAFF logo, at least not one that's suitable for a nonadult audience.:)

Ah, just checked spaff on Urban Dictionary... Doesn't have to be graphical. Just the text in a fancy font or something.

In that case, I'll post something on the blog tomorrow in response and add the interview copy into it.

Yeah, nice font will be just fine. :)

(1-13/13)