Ability to have each side start with a different weapon

Added by Franklin506thPIR over 5 years ago

First off, thank you very much for this script pack! It is greatly appreciated by those of us who are good mission designers, but lack the knowledge of scripting.

Ive already designed an AAS for my unit to use this Thursday, its very a simple and to the point urban fight over 3 flags in Zelenogorsk. Thanks to your pack, I was able to create everything I needed to contain the players into the built up portion of town, and was able to mine the small hills on the edges, to make what I feel will be a great urban map. I love all the options and abilities in the pack, but there is one thing that is bugging me. My unit is a "Realism" unit, and the purpose of this map if for urban training for a platoon sized element (2 nine man squads per side). I would like to be able to have each unit spawn with a specified loadout, instead of everybody on the map starting with the same type of weapon. As i see it now, when we begin the map, we will have to give a hold on the start so that everybody can grab weapons from the ammo box, and then issue a "go" over teamspeak once everybody is ready with the proper squad loadouts.

So my main request, is how would i go about disabling the initial rearming of everybody on the map?

and secondly, as a general idea that may be beneficial to others interested in this script pack, would it be possible in the mission options to be able to select options where each side would start with a different weapon? example: west be given an M16, and East be given an AK.

Thank you for your time and effort again!

Replies (3)

RE: Ability to have each side start with a different weapon - Added by sbsmac over 5 years ago

Franklin. Thanks for the feedback. You may be interestd to know that I've just reworked the C&H/AAS objectives system to allow you either to capture flags or to hold an area. (You can mix both kinds of objectives in the same game.) To comment on your requests...

I would like to be able to have each unit spawn with a specified loadout, instead of everybody on the map starting with the same type of weapon.

The simplest way for me to implement this would just be to disable the initial loadout so that players started with gear that is the default for that unit. Eg, an AT soldier would start with an RGP/LAW. Would this work for you ?

I'll implement this properly in the next version but if you just want to hack it for the moment, you can remove this line from init.sqf which should get you the results you want.

1 [] spawn {sleep 5; call rearm; };

secondly, as a general idea that may be beneficial to others interested in this script pack, would it be possible in the mission options to be able to select options where each side would start with a different weapon? example: west be given an M16, and East be given an AK.

Yes, that's a fairly straightforward extension to what I already have. I will add this to the next version.

RE: Ability to have each side start with a different weapon - Added by Franklin506thPIR over 5 years ago

Thank you for the quick feedback, and also the new info! that sounds pretty cool, ill have to check out the new option and see if it would be useful to my team.

I'm sure the feature you have to remove stock weapons is great for about 99% of the people who are going to use your scripts, so i think permanently disabling that ability might be bad... having the option for it would be nice though. i was more looking for the ability to hack it for now, and you answered that for me, Thank you!

RE: Ability to have each side start with a different weapon - Added by sbsmac over 5 years ago

V1.12 allows you to set CTF_defaultWeapon to "" in order to skip the initial loadout. In that case, players will spawn with whatever is assigned to them in the editor.

(1-3/3)