Balance: Spawn points - base, outpost, FOB, MRV, RP
List of issues and potential solutions for given topic.
The idea is that the base and outposts are quite far away from the frontline and the frontline is created by deploying respawn locations (FOB's, RP's, MRV's) at your frontline. You then move these assets forward as you advance to forward objectives. These respawn locations can be overrun and destroyed. The assets should take some effort to prepare, set-up and deploy.
- Quote 'BIF # 84' 12: imho spawning into truck is way too powerful, given that we have: outposts, base, rally point, and FOB's already. mobile respawn is too much and normal rifleman has nothing to take truck down with.
- Quote 'BIF # 84' 15: Too many spawn points imho, 3 FOB's, main base, a truck, an output, and main base, for each team ?! - its hard enough just to find places to put them all. Better would be ability to spawn on zones unless other team in the large circle, and cut back a bit on the outpost/truck/fob spawns a bit
- Simply remove the MRV.
- Make MRV's behave like Rally Points, in that the MRV's spawn ability is limited to a single squad, or maybe any squad/person/SL that has already used the vehicle. In this case for small squads, it may be better to simply use nominated jeeps as MRV's.
- Require a squad member (or maybe just team member) to be present in/near the vehicle when you respawn. But if those members are not on voice chat, that would be tricky to arrange.
- Require truck to "deploy" a camo net making it a static spawn point (as seen in other missions), by covering it with a camo net. This 'deployment' action then takes time to setup and take down plus allows zone radius validation.
- Add missing check to see if MRV is too near a zone.
- Add more restrictions (like deployment setup duration, deployment frequency limits, team member requirement, single FOB containers, counts related to number of players/group size/map size, etc)
- Make RP's easier to 'pack up' with less squad members nearby.
- Make rules consistent
FOB/RP/MRV owners will be prevented from spawning there if:
- 2+ man enemy group is within 80/100m of FOB/RP
- the vehicle is immobile (eg: damaged tyres)
- the vehicle is inside a zone
- (TODO: the vehicle is too near a zone)
This gives you the opportunity to move in to secure it and/or immobilise/destroy it.
That's the reason why the MRV was changed from an APC to a wheeled truck, making the tyres vulnerable, the glass vulnerable and removing the armoured protection when spawning.
To me this sounds all too complicated.
One more element that makes it harder to understand.
Instead I suggest to limit the amount of different spawns in relation to the player count.
In other words specific type of spawn is only available if player number is higher than X.
- Outposts, base, mobile respawn
- > 5 on each side FOB 1
- > 8 on each side FOB 2
- > 12 on each side FOB 3
- > 15 on each side rally point
Roughly like that. Rally point may be switched in the order of the FOB.
I think the deployed camo netting on the truck would be good. Also, in addition to the time is takes to depoy and repack, make it so that it can only be deployed once every, say 10 - 15 minutes? It would require people to think about where they deploy it as its stuck there for a while.
However, i don't think the fixes you suggested are too complicated, most of them worked well in PR. As long as a message is displayed to the player why he can't do something or why he can't respawn then is ceases to be complicated. I find them really useful, I really think that these messages will be better than any manual.
IMHO, spawning into vehicles, should be removed entirely. This is extremely unrealistic.
Also, spawning on forward spawn points, even if done so in PR is also not the best solution. You already have the option that you can be teleported from the main base to a FOB (rally too?). Build on this.
What about this layout:
Respawn after death is ONLY possible on the Main Base. From there you can teleport to one of the FOBs or your squads rally point, within a certain distance. This means that you will not be capable to teleport from your main base all the way across the map to your rally.
You can create "jumplines" by putting FOBs in a line and then rallies. These lines should be visible on the respawn screen. Captured control points count as nodes for these jumplines, so you can continue pushing your frontline, without the need for additional FOBs.
For example, your rally is 500m from FOB#1 which again is 1 km from the Main Base. When you respawn, you first have to teleport to the FOB#1, and from there to your rally point.
Also, teleports are not instantaneously, but take some time. Maybe even add a chance, that if there are enemies between two jump nodes, there is a chance of your teleport being aborted somewhere along the travel-line and you will find yourself alone facing an enemy. This would force your side to keep their supply lines secure, with patrols and such.
@kju: That's the sort of system being considered. Either the MRV's or FOB's may be removed from some of the little missions.
@Alan.rio: That's pretty much a required task now to make the MRV a consistent concept.
@Salah: Once the option to deploy camo netting on the MRV truck along with the radius restrictions is completed, then I don't consider the MRV to be any more advantageous than a FOB/Rally Point.
That's a really nice idea - those "jump lines". I had similar ideas for linked radars and supply lines too.
Detecting enemies along those jump lines is interesting, but maybe too vague for players to realise. I guess it's a bit like Warfare's "Fast Travel".
I'll investigate what's involved to implement this, but you may not see it at this stage, since it's not played enough to warrant many more new features.
I have been considering automatically spawning at base (as standard) and then requiring deployment.@All: Added idea to main post:
- Maybe make MRV's behave like Rally Points, in that the MRV's spawn ability is limited to a single squad, or maybe any squad/person/SL that has already used the vehicle. In this case for small squads, it may be better to simply use nominated jeeps as MRV's.
How about switching the outpost position?
So you have yours on the enemy side and same for him.
Currently there is hardly a reason to use the outpost.
Even easier to be intercepted. Only one jeep.
This tweak would make it more interesting vs the main base or
the mobile positions.
0029.jpg (175.1 kB)