Class system - based on slots vs ingame change possible.

Added by kju over 5 years ago

Right now there is now way to change the class during the play, right?
Well you can go back to lobby and change.

To make a dynamic needs (more) work, yet there are several good reasons
to have the later IMHO:

• Allows more flexible gameplay, therefore also an area to show team skill.
  • May help promote less used classes.
  • Dynamic situations require different classes.
  • In terms of clan matches the element of surprise. The other team cannot
    see your choice via the slots.

Replies (4)

RE: Class system - based on slots vs ingame change possible. - Added by Dr_Eyeball over 5 years ago

It kind of does. The Armaments dialog serves as a class selection concept.
The pilot/crew class is listed but not enforced yet.
Not sure if a medic class is feasible yet (without use of MP slots).

Currently the MP Setup screen has default fire teams of 4 players. Although classes are currently designated per slot (FTL, MG, AT, Medic/Rifleman), the MG & AT may be changed to rifleman later since that is determined by the Armaments dialog instead.

RE: Class system - based on slots vs ingame change possible. - Added by kju over 5 years ago

The other AAS by cool box has area heal by the medic and revive.
Good compromise IMO.

How do you get the armaments dialog?

4 player teams is a bit small - what about 7-8 like management theory and practice suggests?

RE: Class system - based on slots vs ingame change possible. - Added by Dr_Eyeball over 5 years ago

Yes, simulated healing is easy enough. I'm hoping to use the new Arma 2 Medic game logic modules. However I don't know it's full capabilities and limitations yet.

That's a worry if you haven't seen the armaments dialog, since that will be a key concept when further restrictions are imposed.
A member on BIS forums ("7" ?) seemed to experience the same issue. Your Gear key would normally show the dialog at a crate.
There's a bug (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2619) which is causing the "Armaments" action to not appear on crates on the LHD except from the south side. I'm working on a workaround solution for that.

Team Management dialog
The 4 player teams are based on a typical fireteam/brick sized group. Two fireteams/bricks could then operate as an 8 man section.
You are not confined to those group sizes. The "Options..." action in the popup menu provides access to the "Team Management/Status" dialog which then allows you to leave/join a group or become SL.
In the end, I may need to separate all players as separate groups in the MP Setup screen, since that info will be incorrect for joining players once players restructure their groups in game.

RE: Class system - based on slots vs ingame change possible. - Added by kju over 5 years ago

Thanks for the info Dr Eyeball :)

Will test! One note about BI modules - most are not working well at all in MP.
Best not to use the for now unfortunately..

(1-4/4)