Armed Assault campaign

Added by Herr_Kalashnikov over 5 years ago

After I released the SP scenarios I was thinking to do next. As u already asked for someone to help converting the QG campaign, I thought I had a look and see how the campaigns work.

I tried the Armed Assault campaign.

The campaigns kinda works out of the box it starts but it has some problems with several missions. The 1st real mission had a incorrect definition of sounds array for example. That was fixed quite easy. Sounds doesn't work but after pointing to the correct subfolder it worked to.

Intros doesn't work perfectly had to modify some to make them more realistic but all in all that can be done quick and easy to.

The biggest issue I have is that most A1 units don't convert to well into A2. I'm not certain how oac_core converts them, so it's just basicly a puzzle to find a good counterpart or that all stock A1 units are allready in oac or caa for that matter. If it's the first i'll make a list of units i seem to have a problem with.

Also like mentioned in the issue tracker of caa1 there seems to be some serious pathing problems with wheeled vehicles on roads (esp in citys). This is a real immersion stopper because u have to sometimes litterly wait 5-10m till u get at the spot where u are dropped. Tried other formations, speeds and waypoints but it doens't seem to help at all. I hope the new BIS island tools can resolve it.

On missions where u have to select which next mission u wanna do u will get a error message like ..

Warning Message: Variable '_display' does not support serialization. Call 'disableSerialization' in the current script (maybe 'Campaigns\ca\missions\S02BeatenDog.Sara\strategyMapInit.sqf') if you need to use it.

Tried some things to remove it without any success. Don't have enough script experience to pinpoint the problem.

I think this is a pretty doable thing. And prob the most work will be defining the proper A2 units for A1 missions. BTW all this was tested on the git repository so should be latest build.

Replies (42)

RE: Armed Assault campaign - Added by froggyluv over 5 years ago

The reason you didn't see the convoy is that there is missing "Move" waypoint to take them thru the town. I added one and they did indeed show up.

Also in Beaten Dog the 2nd part, I was able to finish it primarily because I had an AT and took out the BMPs myself. There is an odd friendly squad of 4 that have a "Hold" command near your dropoff point and they stand there for the entirety of the combat which feels odd - they never even faced the combat area while they're friends are getting slaughtered. Perhaps adding a sandbag with a proper watch command would feel more realistic in that they are guarding that area.

RE: Armed Assault campaign - Added by Herr_Kalashnikov over 5 years ago

I modified the beatendog mission abit, and must say it improved alot.

- changed hold into guard waypoint, team members seem to pick a better static defense spot this way
- changed the amored vehicles in 2nd part so they wont spam grenades anymore
- adjusted that friendly group u mentioned and they seem to follow my leader when i arrive now

mission.sqm - 02BeatenDog finetuned mission file (158.6 kB)

Dolores Mission: This has got to be one of the most ludicrous missions I've ever played! Why would you not blow up the armour column while they are ON the bridge?!? Instead, they want you let them pass, then unarmed, make yourself to an AT ammo crate and take them out... WTF

Sorry, anyways the convoy sometimes show sometimes doesn't. The first guys always show but the trigger is linked to the last unit and sometimes those guys freeze.

I think the 'Savegame' that fires right before the "Flash,flash,flash" command should be taken out as it's right before the order and somewhat disruptive. Also, please add either a rifle and/or pistol to the ammo crates as running around chasin tanks with no firearms just sucks as well as gives you bad animation control.

RE: Armed Assault campaign - Added by kju over 5 years ago

How funny :)

Never came that far in the a1 campaign so far. :)

Ok heres a updated version of m14constructionconvoy_s03.sara

Modified it quite abit. The convoy was a real mess :) It seemed they knew a shortcut to their base around the village u had to setup a ambush.

- Placed the convoy in a spot where they not have to cross a bridge, also removed a extra vehicle becuase it gets to crowded.
- changed the waypoints so they are forced to move trough the city
- added some delay timers to compensate for the convoy being closer to the city, still is pretty fast so u have to setup a ambush quick

mission.sqm - m14constructionconvoy_s03 finetuned mission file (56.8 kB)

Ok looked into the Dolores mission and its abit of unrealistic mission aye.

From what i see and read it's the goal to lock the vehicles in by blowing 3 bridges at the same time.

- Modified the convoy and timers so that there is a bigger change they move over the bridge properly
- changed the start load out (m4_aim with 2 clips and 5 pipebombs)
- changed the ammocrates so theres only a m136/m4 and some ammo in it
- removed savegame on flash trigger

U mentioned u didnt have a gun on that mission? Wierd i had a m4 just no ammo which where in the crates. Are u running with the classmap addon?

mission.sqm - 03dolores.sara finetuned mission (83.3 kB)

Yes I had m4(no ammo) but you generally lose that while swimming beneath the bridge placing the satchels. Thanks for adding to ammo crates I'll give it another shot.

Not sure what classmap addon is? But that reminds me, when I click on a unit such as a BMP-3, in the editor, it opens as the wrong unit ie. SLA Warfare building. Is this related to this Classmap addon of which you speak?

This is because its hidden. Try this addon:
oac_c_show_all_classes_in_the_editor.7z

nice thanks Kju thats gonna make some things easier.

About the swim, i just placed my 5 satchels on the nearest bridge pillar and run to hide spot. It is enough to destroy the bridge. But this way people can do it both ways.

Kju- where do I place the config with that?

I've tried just about every combination: created mod folder with config(outside of folder) + addons/pbo but no results. Tried sticking the pbo directly in both caa1/oac addons then placing the config in Caa1 but no results.

The reason I want to get this is there is still problems with the convoy coming in as 1 group and i'm trying to apply that convoy script to each vehicle.

Hm. It should make any vehicle available in the editor.
The problem is that not every object has its own named defined.
So it can happen that you see a different name for it to what you expect.

More important is though than it no longer changes the class.
That should work .. I think. :)

As alternative you can open the mission.sqm in a text editor, search
for the class and manually change it or add an init line.

This might be useful: EMSI's A2OD Editor Lite

Small application for creating Overview and Debriefing HTML files for the ArmA2 missions.

- "One form" application (no other subforms are needed)
- User can select which sections will be created
- Support for multi-language stings from XML file
- Attached Help file with description of all functions

Herr AK can you please share the latest version.
In the holidays I have some time to play-test. :)

Kju, i didn't do anything lately with the A1 campaign. So its basicly the latest version i posted here and the finetuned mission which people requested.

Good good. Will give the latest version a go again.

Here is a repack of all latest missions:
ca-0.23b.7z

RE: Armed Assault campaign - Added by Mopar over 5 years ago

Hi All,

Playing / Testing latest version of this campaign and campaign progression halts at  
M09ConvoyAttack_S06.Sara\briefing.sqf due to missing bracket symbol....

Error from rpt is below:

Error in expression <order to fire - but (unless you choose "manual-fire" mode) you'll be leaving the>
Error position: <manual-fire" mode) you'll be leaving the>
Error Missing ]
File Campaigns\ca\missions\M09ConvoyAttack_S06.Sara\briefing.sqf, line 11
Error in expression <order to fire - but (unless you choose "manual-fire" mode) you'll be leaving the>
Error position: <manual-fire" mode) you'll be leaving the>
Error Missing ]
File Campaigns\ca\missions\M09ConvoyAttack_S06.Sara\briefing.sqf, line 11

Awesome work on this campaign, kudos to her_kalashnikov..........

Cheers for the report, it was a real easy one. I just upload the new briefing.sqf, if there are more fixes i make a new build.

briefing.sqf - m09convoyattack_s06.sara Briefing script (1 kB)

« Previous 1 2 (26-42/42)