Taking a break

Added by Doomguy over 6 years ago

Hi all,

I'm going to take a small break from developing Warface. Time to step back and widen the horizon a little bit.

Doomguy

Replies (5)

RE: Taking a break - Added by Woodstock over 6 years ago

Thanks for all your efforts and for making such a great mission.

Hopefully we will see you back soon for Warface 2!

Take care,

Woodstock.

RE: Taking a break - Added by kju over 6 years ago

Thanks Doomguy!

You deserve it - your mod made the mission so much more demanding and fun. :)

Are you okay to share your thoughts your future.
Do consider to return to A2, if it turns out well.

If so, is it likely that you port over your additions and improvements of Warface
to the new A2 Warfare or do you more likely venture on new paths?

best regards
.kju

RE: Taking a break - Added by Doomguy over 6 years ago

Thanks guys, also for all the feedback and reports!

A2 is definitely looking appealing, but I'm waiting to see how it turns out before I'm making plans. I'm really hoping to have some improved AI. Also, I'm eager to learn what BI did with Warfare, and whether it will be in A2.

There is definitely some stuff I'm still wanting to implement in Warface, like the AI expanding its base to towns, a more random RACS presence, and a more elaborate mission system. I'm going to wait and see whether I'll make it for A2, or maybe still for A1. For the coming weeks, I'm not implementing new stuff, maybe just fixing a bug if needed.

Doomguy out.

RE: Taking a break - Added by kju over 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Doomguy!

Glad to hear. Do you consider getting the German version this week or
are you waiting for the 505 in three weeks?

What is improved AI for you. Many people say they want to see it improved.
Yet there are very different areas of AI:
More reliable, better small scale (infantry/movement), vehicle combat/path finding,
AI more open for modding by the community, AI more human like (flaws and skills).

Would be nice to hear your interest.

RE: Taking a break - Added by Woodstock over 6 years ago

There's a good article here from the preview press-event. The author speaks about the improved AI. It sounds quite promising.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5694

The AI is the main thing I want to see improved too, especially pathing. I already have my copy pre-ordered, didn't know there was a German version next week or I would have bought that instead :)

(1-5/5)